Systematic approach to managing OHS
Employers and employees should apply a systematic approach to managing OHS in early childhood services.
This includes having easy access to and proactively implementing:
- OHS guidance and procedures to help manage hazards
- clear assignment of OHS responsibilities and understanding of roles
- OHS training opportunities
- reviews such as regular workplace OHS inspections, and OHS audits
- documented OHS improvement plans
- a proactive approach to OHS, including encouraging employee feedback, employee engagement, and an openness to employee suggestions for improvement.